Directions (1-2): study the following information to answer the given Questions
Point P is 9m towards the East of the point Q. Point R is 5m towards south of point P. Point S is 3m towards the west of point R. Point T is 5m towards the North of point S. Point V is 7m towards the south of point S.
1. If a person walks in a straight line for 8m towards west from point R, which of the following points would he cross the first?
a) V b) Q c) T d) S e) None
2. Which of the following points are in a straight line?
a) P,R,V b) S,T,Q c) P,T,V
d) V,T,R e) None
Directions (3-5): study the following information to answer the given questions. Point D is 14m towards the west of point A. Point B is 4m towards the south of point D. Point F is 9m towards the south of point D. point E is 7m towards the East of point B. Point C is 4m towards the North of point E. Point G is 4m towards the south of point A.
3. Which of the following points are in a straight line?
a) D,E,A b) E,B,C c) D,B,G d) E,G,B e) F,B,C
4. A is in which direction with respect to C?
a) East b) West c) North
d) South e) None
5. If a person walks 5m towards North from point F and then takes a right turn, which of the following points would he reach first?
a) G b) D c) E d) A e) C
6. Venkatesh starts from his house goes 600m towards south takes a left turn goes for 400m. He then takes a left turn and goes for 200m. Before taking a right turn and going for 400m venkatesh finally takes a right turn and moves 200m before stopping. How far and towards which direction he will have to go to reach his house?
a) 850m towards South-East
b) 580m towards South-East c) 1000m towards North-West
d) 1200m towards North-East
e) 1000m towards South-West
Directions (7-8): study the following information to answer the given Questions
Point H is 6m towards the East of point G. Point R is 8m North of point G. Point Q is Exactly mid-way between Point R and Point G.. Point K is 10m to the South of point Q. Point L is 3m towards the East of point S is exactly Mid-way between point G and Point H.
7. If a person walks 4m towards the South from point L, takes a right turn and walks for another 3m, which of the following points would he reach?
a) Q b) G c) K d) H e) None
8. If a person walks 8m north from point S, which of the following points would he cross and how far will he be from point R?
a) G, 4m b) H,3m c) L,6m d) L, 3m e) G, 8m
9. Pole H is to the East of Pole R and to the North of Pole D. Pole D is in which direction with respect Pole R?
a) North-East b) South-West c) North-West d) South-East
10. Jagan starts from his home and moves 2km north, then turns towards West and walks 3km. He turns north and walks 1km before moving 7km towards east. How far and in which direction is he from his home?
a) 6 km towards North-East b) 5km towards North-West c) 7km towards North-West
d) 5km towards North-East e) None
11. Town D is to the West of Town M. Town R is to the South of Town D. Town K is to the East of Town R. Town K is towards which direction of Town D?
a) South b) East c) North-East d) South-East e) None
12. Ramesh starts from point P and walks towards South and stops at point Q. He now takes a right turn followed by a left turn and stops at a point R. He finally takes a left turn and stops at point S. If he walks 5km before taking each turn, towards which direction will Ramesh have to walk from point S to reach point Q?
a) North b) South c) West
d) East e) North-West
13. Chandu started walking towards south. He took a right turn after walking 10 meters. He again took a left turn after walking 20 meters. Which direction is he facing Now?
a) South b) North c) West
d) East e) cannot be determine
14. Alok walked 30 meters towards East and took a right turn and walked 40 meters. He again took right and walked 50 meters. Towards which direction is he from his starting point?
a) South b) West
c) South-West d) South-East
15. One morning, Manisha and Madhuri were talking to each other face to face in Hyderabad. If Manisha's shadow was exactly to the left of Madhuri, which direction was Manisha facing ?
a) North b) South c) East
d) Data inadequate e) None
16. Mahesh walked 5kms towards East then he turned right and walked 8kms. He then turned left and walked 5kms. He again turned left and walked 8kms. At what distance is he now from the starting point?
a) 15kms b) 5kms c) 16kms d) 26kms e) None
17. The time by my watch is Quarter past twelve. If the hour hand points to the East, which of the following direction is opposite to the minute hand?
a) North b) West c) south d) South-West e) None
18. A walks a distance of 3kms North, then turns to his left and walks for 2 kms. He again turns to left and walks for 3kms. At this point he turns to his right and walks for 3kms. How many kilometers and in what direction is he from the starting point?
a) 5kms-West b) 3kms-South c) 2kms-South d) 4kms-West e) 1km-East
19. While facing East you turn to your left and walks 10 yards, then turn to your left and walks 10 yards and now you turn 45 yards towards your right and go straight to cover 25 yards. Now in what direction are you from your starting point?
a) North-East b) South-West c) South-East d) North-west e) East
20. I went 15km to the west from my house, then turned left and walked 20km and then turned left and walked 25km and then turning left covered 20km. How far was I from my House?
a) 15 km b) 10 km c) 5 km d) 80 Km e) 20 km
21. Rajesh started from point A and travelled 8kms towards the north to point B, he then turned right and travelled 7 kms to point C, from point C he took the first right and drove 5 kms to point D, he took another right and travelled 7 kms to point E, and finally turned right and travelled for another 3 kms to point F. What is the distance between point F and B?
a)1km b) 2kms c)3 kms
d) 4 kms e) None
22. One morning Uday and Vishal were talking to each other face to face at a crossing. If Vishal's shadow was exactly to the left of Uday, which direction was Uday facing?
a) East b) West c) North
d) South e) None
23. Y is in the East of X which is in the North of Z. If P is in the South of Z, then in which direction of Y, is P?
a) North b) South
c) South-East d) East e) None
24. If South-East becomes North, North-East becomes west and so on. What will West become?
a) North-East b) North-West c) South-East d) South-West e) None
25. A man walks 5 km toward south and then turns to the right. After walking 3 km he turns to the left and walks 5 km. Now in which direction is he from the starting place?
a) West b) South c) North-East d) South-west
26. Rahul put his timepiece on the table in such a way that at 6 P.M. hour hand points to North. In which direction the minute hand will point at 9.15 P.M. ?
a) South-East b) South c) North d) West e) None
27. Rani walked 20 m towards north. Then she turned right and walks 30 m. Then she turns right and walks 35 m. Then she turns left and walks 15 m. Finally she turns left and walks 15 m. In which direction and how many metres is she from the starting position?
a) 15m West b) 30m East c) 30m West d) 45m East e) None
28. Two cars starts from the opposite places of a main road, 150 km apart. First car runs for 25 km and takes a right turn and then runs 15 km. It then turns left and then runs for another 25 km and then takes the direction back to reach the main road. In the mean time, due to minor break down the other car has run only 35 km along the main road. What would be the distance between two cars at this point?
a) 65 km b) 75 km c) 80 km d) 85 km e) None
29. Starting from the point X, Jayant walked 15 m towards west. He turned left and walked 20 m. He then turned left and walked 15 m. After this he turned to his right and walked 12 m. How far and in which directions is now Jayant from X?
a) 32m, South b) 47m, South c) 42m, North d) 27m, South e) None
30. One evening before sunset Rekha and Hema were talking to each other face to face. If Hema's shadow was exactly to the right of Rekha, which direction was Rekha facing?
a) North b) South c) East
d) Data inadequate e) None
31. A boy rode his bicycle northward, then turned left and rode 1 km and again turned left and rode 2 km. He found himself 1 km west of his starting point. How far did he ride northward initially (in Kms?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 5 e) None
32. K is 40 m South-West of L. If M is 40 m South-East of L, then M is in which direction of K?
a) East b) West c) North-East d) South e) None
33. A man walks 2 km towards North. Then he turns to East and walks 10 km. After this he turns to North and walks 3 km. Again he turns towards East and walks 2 km. How far is he from the starting point?
a) 10km b) 13km c)15km
d) 20km e) None
34. One morning Sujata started to walk towards the Sun. After covering some distance she turned to right then again to the right and after covering some distance she again turns to the right. Now in which direction is she facing?
a) North b) South c) North-East d) South-West e) None
35. Some boys are sitting in three rows all facing north such that A is in the middle row. P is just to the right of A but in the same row. Q is just behind of P while R is in the North of A. In which direction of R is Q?
a) South b) South-West c) North-East d) South-East
1) d 2) e 3) d 4) a 5) c 6) c 7) b 8) d 9) d 10) d 11) d 12) a 13) a 14) c 15) b 16) e 17) a 18) a 19) d 20) b 21) b 22) c 23) d 24) c 25) d 26) d 27) d 28) a 29) a 30) b 31) b 32) a 33) b 34) a 35) d